Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas Craftiness!

Without turning this into a blog of excess exclamation points, I would just like to say that crafting for Christmas is so much fun!!!!!!! Well, when you are crafting for people who appreciated handmade stuff, or at least pretend they do. ;) The following are pictures of some of the things I made for Christmas.


This is a tea party play mat I made for my daughter. I saw a similar idea online and kind of used that to inspire me. The tea bags, plates, cookies, tray and teapot are all removable (with velcro). I also made a zippered pouch to fit it all nicely inside. She loves to play with her 'tea poddy.'


A pile 'o bibs I made for my baby boy, because what do you get for a kid who is just pushing 6 months? I used reclaimed fleece and flannel for the batting, which turned out to be a nice way to use that stuff up.

And what is the must-have accessory for every handsome, chubby little baby boy? Why, tie onsies of course! Made from reclaimed mens' dress shirts.

And for my sister and bro-in-law, 'his and hers' bathroom bags. Cheesy, I know, but Rach inspired me by braving zipper installation when she first started sewing earlier this year. Zippers used to scare me. I decided to overcome my fear by making various box pouches. While the zipper and I are not yet 'fast friends,' we are now on speaking terms.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you created this crafting blog and all the things you've made so far! You are a very inspiring pair. I can't wait to see what else is in store...and I honestly can't wait to get a sewing machine and start making some things myself. You are both so creative - thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete