Saturday, June 18, 2011

Vogue 8469 - Redrafted

I really love this easy Vogue pattern and have made it a couple of other times because it fits me perfectly without any major modifications. This time though, I decided to take a crack at redrafting the bodice to give it a little more interest. I lowered the neckline and made the back into a low V. The dress is fully lined with an invisible zipper and most of the dress has princess seams. I had originally started this project with the intent that it would be a prototype but I ended up LOVING it. The fabric is actually part of a huge curtain panel that I picked up from Target for $5. I originally thought it was a little too funky but as the dress progressed, I started to really like how the print looked. It reminds me a little bit of something you'd see at Anthropologie. Anyway, I am so happy about how it turned out especially because I was not expecting to like it so much. It's even my husbands favorite dress so far too! The only thing I would do to change the pattern next time is to add hidden side pockets. I am thinking about making this dress again with a blue seersucker fabric and some vintage, brass Naval buttons that are in my stash. Projects like this make me really glad I learned how to sew!

1 comment: