Friday, January 20, 2012

Pickle Apron!



First of all, I must apologize for the disgraceful picture! You'd think I would iron that bad boy first, right? Oh, well. A friend of mine makes the best pickles ever, and she has decided to go into business selling them. I made this apron for her because I thought it might come in handy when she is at a farmer's market selling her wares. The embroidery design was taken from her logo. To transfer it to the dark fabric, I used dressmakers transfer paper. I put it face down on the fabric, put my printed logo over it, and traced with a pencil. (You have to press firmly so it transfers nicely) It rubs off fast, so I ended up tracing over those lines with colored pencil. The pattern is the Granny's Clothespin Apron from One Yard Wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment