Saturday, June 23, 2012

Butterick 4800



This top is made from Butterick 4800, view C. This is one where I was very glad that I made a muslin first. The neckline is very....plunging. Like the kind of plunging where you have to wear a coordinating bra because, honey, its gonna show...a lot. And that's not really my style. I traced the pattern piece onto tissue and raised the neckline a full 2 inches. Much better! The fabric is this really gauzy crinkled stuff that I just loved from Joanns. It was actually not to terrible to sew with as long as I pinned it well. To alleviate fraying, I did French seams. And my little secret? I decided that the bottom should be lined (the top is self lined) but had no lining on hand and didn't feel like going to the store. So? I raided my daughter's dress up box, where she has Rachel's bridesmaid dress. I cut the lining out of it for the shirt. Sweet! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment