Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Our Brother

 It just so happens that our brother inherited the creative gene too. He recently took up drawing again after a long hiatus. Here is the first installment of a series he has planned of wild animals and music. This one is called Elefunk and the elephant is holding a boombox.



When he finished it, he slapped it in a store bought frame and used the mat it came with. I had to have an intervention. The mat was just not happening. It was too large and came right to the edges of his drawing. He brought it over here and I cut a double mat for it. Much better! A mat cutter is a great thing to invest it, or even better, have your sister buy one and do it for you. :) But seriously, when I was in school I had to mat a lot of my work and it was outrageously expensive. I have had my mat cutter for about 10 years and I have gotten so much use out of it. One large sheet of mat board costs $5 and can be cut into 4-6 mats! 







1 comment:

  1. My siblings are so talented :) I can't wait to see the next one "G-Raff"...You should do a couple of "retro" posts and add your 3D fish painting and the hand.

    ReplyDelete