Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Whale Super Tote

I bought the Super Tote pattern from Noodlehead a couple of months ago with the idea that maybe someday Meg and I would open an Etsy shop. Last week I decided to get to work and make a prototype bag out of a Whale print, 21 wale, corduroy that I had banished to the back of my stash. 
 
I like to vigorously test out the end product myself to see if there are any quirks that need to be smoothed out in future versions. I'm a stickler for stability and I think the original pattern needs it's interfacing requirements to be beefed up significantly. That's really my only qualm though. Other  than that, the bag sewed up beautifully, I love the size and it has endless possibilities. I have at least 25 other versions dancing around in my head that need to be liberated so I better get sewing!
  
 This picture is just for scale purposes. The finished bag is deceptively huge and holds e v e r y t h i n g with space to spare.
The front of the bag has a large pocket trimmed with white piping.
There is a pretty, pleated gusset detail on the side.
I have to say that the recessed zipper is probably my favorite part. 
There are 4 large, internal pockets with elastic to keep everything in order.
I box stitched the handles for extra stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment