Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Ruffled Dress + Facebook

 Sometimes an idea for a dress just pops into my head and I have to make it. This time it was inspired by the fabrics I stuck together. I decided it called for ruffles! And so ruffle it, I did. P.S. I hate sewing ruffles. All that gathering makes me wonder if the cuteness is worth it.
 But alas, I pushed on and the cuteness was indeed worth it. I added a few little flowers with vintage buttons. Am I the only one obsessed with vintage buttons? Please tell me I'm not alone!
I love the way the ruffles allow me to use different fabrics together. Picking fabrics is one of my very favorite things to do. I am thinking of sizing this pattern up and altering the bodice a little. In my spare time, you know. Ha, ha.

In other news, I finally put my big girl pants on and launched a Facebook page for the shop! Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment