Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dress Month Continued - The Danielle Dress

Here is my first official July dress. I used a free pattern from Burda which you can get here. A few months ago I picked up this quilting fabric and it reminded me of the curtain clothes from The Sound of Music and everytime I look at it I want to climb trees and break into song. I've had the Danielle pattern for a long time now and on a whim the other day I decided to sew it up using this fabric even though it strays from the normal colors in my wardrobe (black and gray). This is an easy pattern with lots of darts and a couple of pleats on the front. I like the neckline and the high, fitted waist and the invisible zipper up the back. I really enjoyed making this dress and am happy with the way it turned out so much so that I am currently making another one in red crepe de chine. If I ever vanquish this unruly material I will post the second dress!

2 comments:

  1. I like it way better sleeveless. The sleeves on that pattern are mighty funky, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and I didn't like the velvet that they used.

    ReplyDelete