Monday, November 7, 2011

Saved Necklace

This is not a spectacular project from scratch. I bought this necklace and loved it but the string snapped after I wore it a few times.  It sat in my fix it pile for a year and I finally dug it out yesterday to make it wearable again.  After restringing it 3 times (the string snapped the first 2 times) and taking an extra trip to the craft store for a more sturdy medium (tiger wire), I got the thing finished.  I added the heart toggle clasp and am so glad I can wear it to work this week! I took beading classes when I was younger and it was fun to work back into it a little.  My sister-in-law actually made me a really beautiful beaded bracelet recently which inspired me to revisit this necklace again.  I think I could really get back into this type of crafting again... 


1 comment:

  1. Nice! I have been wanting to do some beading again too. I love the colors of those beads in your necklace.

    ReplyDelete