Sunday, January 8, 2012

Covered Button Earrings



I've been ridiculously busy for the last couple of months with the new job and the holidays. I haven't sewn anything for months and am feeling crafty withdrawal.  While this project isn't anything earth shattering, it was just nice to make something.  I've seen quite a few button earring tuturials and decided to make my own.  All you do is cover a button, cut off the shank and hot glue or epoxy glue the posts on.  I used hot glue and it worked just fine.  You could also just use interesting buttons and cut the shanks off instead of making your own covered buttons. Easy. Quick. Cute.

If you need a quick craft pick-me-up, crank out a few pairs of these and feel smug that it only took you five minutes. I have plans to raid my vintage button collection to round out my jewelry box with unique, Anthropologiesque pieces to add subtle interest to my work wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I need to add some subtle interest to my work wardrobe too! ha, ha! Seriously, I need to dive into my buttons now.

    ReplyDelete