Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Mom's Wallet

My MIL needed a new wallet that would fit a small purse. I took the one she already had and through some trial and error, made a pattern and created a new one with a few tweaks. I added an invisible magnetic closure and added some decorative stitching to the fabric. I fought the whole way though with the weave of the home dec fabric that I picked which was frustrating. It was a very loose weave and the stitches didn't sit as perfectly as I would've liked. I really like the size and simplicity of the original design and am planning on making one for myself. I would change the fabric next time though and use a heavy weight quilting cotton instead of the loose weave home dec. I will say that the invisible magnetic snap is my new favorite thing though because they work really well without the bulk of an external snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment