Monday, March 25, 2013

Yoga Mat Bag

I had some leftover Amy Butler fabric from a previous project and wanted to actually finish something in one sitting. After yoga yesterday, I realized that the project should be a new mat bag.
 I used a pattern from Joel Dewberry's book "Sewn Spaces". The book is filled with visually appealing projects BUT the patterns are horrible. There are missing instructions and pattern pieces and some of the measurements are off. F R U S T R A T I N G. I thought I was going crazy so I even Googled it and fortunately, it's not just me. Apparently, the patterns provided in the book just stink. The editor should've sprung a few extra bucks to get some pattern testers before publishing the book.
 Regardless of the cryptic instructions, I finished the bag in an hour or so. It'll do in a pinch but it makes me want to make a much sturdier, lined and interfaced bag in the future. When you learn to sew making Amy Butler bags, patterns like this are just disappointing.
This is a random shot of my sewing buddy. I can stitch all day and he will stay with me looking up occassionally to make sure I'm ok before going back to sleep. Dogs are awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment