Friday, January 3, 2014

Foodie Friday: 2013 Honorable Mentions


Today I don't have a recipe to post.  It's been a busy holiday and a few things had to be sacrificed for sanity. Instead, I did a round up of pictures from notable restaurants I went to in 2013 (most are in central Texas), food other people cooked for me or tasty treats I had along the way .

(Pictures left to right and top to bottom)

Thanksgiving in Fredericksburg, TX- tried my first fried turkey!
BBQ spread with burnt end beans and potato salad from The Granery @ The Pearl in San Antonio
My birthday cupcakes from the Whole Foods flagship in Austin
The Democrat and the Dirty Trailer Park Tacos from Torchy's in Austin
Berry crumble from Biga on the Banks on the Riverwalk in San Antonio*
Beef filet on polenta with a chimichurri sauce from Biga on the Banks*
Cheesecake spring rolls also from Biga on the Banks!*
My bulldog Henry got his first hamburger from Lucy's Surf Bar in Baton Rouge
Baked then fried potatoes from the Blue Cow in Los Angeles

If you're ever in the San Antonio area, here are some delicious places I also went to this year that are worth checking out:

Mi Tierra 
La Fogata
Two Step 
Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood
Two Bros. BBQ Market
Boudro's Texas Bistro

I'm looking forward to trying new recipes and restaurants in 2014 and hope you have an exceptionally piquant year as well! 

"We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly."
Anna Thomas

"I am not a glutton
-I am an explorer of food."
Erma Bombeck

"People who love to eat are always the best people"
Julia Child







No comments:

Post a Comment