Friday, December 12, 2014

Dresser Makeover





 I was recently asked if I wanted an old dresser. It was painted a plain beige but I loved the shape of it! I took it home and got to work. The fabulous thing about the dresser is that that paint was in good shape, and there weren't a ton of layers which meant I could prime and paint! My kind of project. I had a can of 'oops' paint I had picked up for a buck or two. It is satin enamel, so it should wear well in the boys' room.

 The knobs on the dresser were very tiny and pretty plain. I found these (!!!) at Hobby Lobby. Seriously, how often does one get to use cow head knobs on something? But they called to me, and I had to answer. It was my moral obligation.
 The other knobs are antiqued wooden knobs that look like they have been sitting in a corner of someone's barn forever. Just the way I like them. I love this dresser and secretly wish I kept it for myself, except that my son LOVES it and promptly arranged all his special treasures on top of it. Now to find the next dresser makeover candidate!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The cows crack me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the shape and details of that dresser. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete