Tuesday, April 10, 2012

DIY Easter Bonnet/Hat



This year, Tar-jay was peddling Easter hats for a mere one dollar. Can't beat that with a stick. I bought one for my daughter thinking it would be a cute topper for her Easter dress (photos to come). As usual, I couldn't leave well enough alone, and decided transform it into a jaunty chapeau. It is quite possibly not jaunty, or chapeau-like, but it sounds cool, right? I took off the existing ribbon and hot glued a velvet ribbon on instead. I browsed Pinterest for a few felt flower tutorials. Whatever did we do before the internet? Oh, yeah, we actually came up with original ideas. But I digress. I whipped up a few felt flowers, and despite the complicated look of the middle flower, they were really quite simple. I added a cool vintage button I have from my Aunt Phyllis and a lavender gem to the flower centers. The whole thing is hot glued together...gasp! That kind of makes me cringe, but I couldn't see hand sewing everything on when she probably won't wear it a ton. She was quite happy with the results, and that is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment