Monday, January 27, 2014

Closet Flashback: The Cosmo Bag

Yikes….I already made this bag 3 years ago (original post here). This is yet another pattern that I sewed up while on a serious Amy Butler bender a few years back. It's interfaced with fusible fleece because i wanted a soft, squishy bag that I could throw in the back of my closet and not worry about getting permanent interfacing creases.


It's held up well and has been used a lot. It serves as a nice overnight bag or farmers market type bag.


It has pockets on both sides that are the perfect size for a bottle of water.


There are several pleat details that help shape the top.


I added a few little pockets on the inside. It's actually pretty cavernous so having a cell phone pocket was necessary. Please pardon the fuzzies at the bottom of the bag. I clearly need to spend some time with a lint roller.


This is one of those projects that while I really like the fabric and button combinations, I can't help but stare at my lines of stitching. I must've been in a frenzy because they lack let's say, my usual attention to detail. Oh well…just don't look too close ;)


I would definitely make this bag again IF I needed another huge bag. I've mentioned this before but my bag collection has turned into a Russian nesting doll situation. I kid you not…when I found this in my closet and dumped out the contents there were literally 15 OTHER bags of varying size inside. 

1 comment:

  1. You can never have too many bags! I have no recollection of ever seeing this bag.

    ReplyDelete