Friday, January 31, 2014

Foodie Friday: Dark Chocolate Coconut Milk Smoothie


I never really liked coconut in any form until I was introduced to homemade coconut milk ice cream. Have you ever made it? If not, go and make some now because wow, it's delicious! Anyway, I still don't like raw or shredded coconut but butter, full-fat milk, oil and flour I am totally crushing on right now. I made coconut flour tortillas yesterday and had a little milk leftover. I've been seeing all kinds of smoothie variations around lately so I decided to whip up my own version. 

***Before you blend, think about a few things. As it is written below, this isn't a super sweet smoothie so don't expect it to taste like a Wendy's Frosty. If you want it sweeter use a super ripe banana and extra honey. Also, if you want a cold version, freeze the banana, chill your milk and add a little ice.***

Dark Chocolate Coconut Milk Smoothie

1 banana
1 c full-fat coconut milk 
1/2 c filtered water
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBS 100% dark cocoa powder
1 tsp honey
pinch of cinnamon 
crushed ice (optional)

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Boom. Done. Now drink it!

*You could also change up the flavor by adding nutmeg, mint, raspberries or a little heat from chilies. 

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I love coconut milk too. Did you know you can chill the coconut cream from TJ's and whip it like whipped cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Phil try the smoothie and he loved it too. I actually tried whipping coconut cream the other day. It didn't work very well and it tasted gross even with vanilla and a little honey. I must've done something wrong.

    ReplyDelete