Tuesday, June 29, 2010

July = Dress Month

We decided to have a sewing challenge each month in addition to our Christmas present challenge. July is kicking everything off with dresses. It's hot outside so what better to do than create attire that keeps us cooler! I'm a little early, but I just finished the Maryy dress from BurdaStyle.com and you can get the free pattern here.

This is an easy, breezy summer dress with a gathered bust and flowy, full skirt. I thought that the unbelted skirt made me look like a giant, white, puffball so I tightened everything up with a brown belt (which doesn't really match but you get the idea). I do like the pattern but next time I would use a fabric that drapes softly and I would add invisible pockets and belt loops. I used cotton fabric with some stretch to make this dress and I successfully installed my first invisible zipper!

No comments:

Post a Comment