Friday, August 27, 2010

Birdcage Veil


As part of my Vegas vow renewal ensemble, I decided that I want to wear a birdcage veil. When I started looking around I found that these veils can be crazy expensive. I've seen them range from $30 to $500 but were all pretty basic...flowers, jewels, etc. So, I took it upon myself to research how to make one on my own and settled on the bandeau style. This is just a practice one and I will actually wear a veil in ivory possibly with bright flowers or black flowers (time will tell :) It was really easy to make and I used Russian veiling, some shimmery green/black/gold feathers and some deep purple flowers. It's a rudimentary attempt but I am happy with the results. My version cost about $5 and I had a lot of materials left over to keep experimenting with.

No comments:

Post a Comment