Monday, May 7, 2012

Let's Go Fly A Kite Sundress


About a month ago I ran into a tutorial on Pinterest for this dress. I thought it was cute and had to make one! I didn't really start out to make a 'dressy' dress, but when I was digging though my stash I found the leftovers from my Christmas party dress. How could I resist? I had a scrap of a curtain (yard sale find!) that I had used in the past for a Princess dress. I did the narrower sleeves as the tutorial suggested and was glad I did. Also, I traced it from one of her closer fitting t-shirts but I feel like it's still a little wide. However, if it was more fitted it would require a zipper. Instead of buttons in the front, I made a few flowers out of the leftover scraps and beaded the centers.

P.S. Isn't she the most adorable girl EVER?! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I made my pattern and am waiting for my kids to go to bed to make this dress for my daughter tonight.

    ReplyDelete