Sunday, June 3, 2012

Undies?!


Here's something I never, ever thought I would make. My sewing rule is that it must be fun. I hate when someone comes up and says something along the lines of 'so, I have these pants that are too long for me....and I was wondering if you would hem them for me.' Makes me break out into hives. If you had previously asked me to sew underwear, I would have given you a resounding 'heck no!!!' However, my youngest and I are currently in the throes of potty training and undies (and lots of them) are now a concern. My husband asked why I didn't make them and if hadn't been for a recently spotted picture on Pinterest a week earlier, as well my recent discovery that knits are indeed NOT the devil, I would have probably laughed him out the door. After a quick internet search, I found that there are lots of cute patterns to be found. I am pretty sure I am trying this more for the cute factor than anything else. This pair is the 'prototype' pair, made with a knit scrap and the binding from a shirt of mine. No, it is NOT leopard print! The pattern is from That Darn Kat on etsy. They are quick to make and use very little fabric, so I can see myself making these again. The other bonus is that there is no scratchy elastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment