Monday, August 12, 2013

Closet Flashbacks: The Garden Bag


One of my most favorite handmade this ever is this fabulous bag! Technically it spends very little time in my closet because I use it so much. Rachel made it for me several years ago and I LOVE it!! When she gave it to me, she told me I could use it to bring veggies in from the garden. Well! The bag was just too pretty for that, and at first I used it gingerly. Then I decided that I would use it and enjoy it. I have used this bag to pick up our farm share, go to the library, carry extra clothes to the beach/roadtrip/farm, and to cart my crafty projects around. It washes well and is holding up great! Its nice when you can get a ton of use out of something, especially when you get to think of your sister whenever you use it!

P.S. You can get an idea of what I have been working lately: canning! I bought a bushel basket of tomatoes last week and have done whole tomatoes, marinara sauce, and Yellow Tomato Jam with Smoked Paprika. I also squeezed in a batch of Blueberry Syrup with vanilla and nutmeg which I pretty much want to drink out of the jar!

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed that bag has held up so well...yay!!! I only quilt for you :)

    ReplyDelete