Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let The Christmas Present Posting Begin!


i

Here is a shirt I made for the basset hound my brother and sister-in-law just adopted. Her name is Olivia, Olive for short. I made this shirt using freezer paper applique. I sketched out my idea and traced it onto the paper. I am very happy with how it turned out for two reasons. One, the first time I tried to do letters with freezer paper, it bombed. Second, I felt as though I was using some of my actual art training to create the design. Weee!! I even busted out my Prisma markers and sketch pad, and it felt good to be back to drawing if only for a little bit. While I will admit that I always let out an internal chuckle when I see people dressing their dogs, I really had fun with this one! (P.S. Notice the collar?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment