Monday, August 5, 2013

Closet Flashbacks: The Houndstooth Blossom Bag

I don't know if it's just me, but I make stuff then forget I have it for a couple of years. Is that weird? I was looking through my closet the other day and realized that I have quite a few pieces that I spent a lot of time on that have been neglected. I decided that these unloved and ignored specimens need to make a comeback. That's when I decided to start an occasional series to help some unloved friends emerge from the depths of my wardrobe. It's my attempt to finally wear/use clothes, jewelry and accessories that I've made and stashed over the years. It's also an opportunity to use some RTW garments that may have been forgotten too.    
 
Since I have a fondness for Amy Butler patterns, I decided to drag my first Blossom bag out of the depths to start this series off. I originally posted my first bag here in 2010 and then my second one that I made for a gift a little while later here
 Today I dug out a dress that I got from Target over 5+ years ago and paired it with the houndstooth bag...love it!
While these flowers have nothing to do with the bag, they do match my bright orange toenails and are beautiful.
Here's the bag in all of it's glory. The size is great because it's not too big and has handy dividers inside of it. I remember how much fun I had making it (both times!) and am wondering why I haven't been using it more. I'm just glad that it's now back in my purse rotation :) 

1 comment:

  1. You haven't been using that bag!? I would have worn it out by now :) It looks great with the dress. Now I need to go diving in my closet and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete