Saturday, September 6, 2014

Vintage Sheet to Adorable Dress

 Last month I found a lovely vintage sheet and knew I had to make something out of it. This one was in fabulous condition and I imagine it to have lived on some adorable old lady's guest bed. The colors are fun and cheery: pink and orange, tempered with white flowers and green leaves. It was such soft fabric with a fluid drape, and I knew it would make a great circle skirt.
 I lined it with some coral pink/red fabric I got at the same sale. It came to me as the most horribly sewn curtains I have ever seen. Seriously. I couldn't even figure out what they were trying to accomplish, but the fabric was in great shape.
 Instead of a fabric flower, I switched this one up a little and added a bow. I am so happy with how it turned out! I kind of wish I had made it in my size. Think there's enough fabric left? ;)
Of course, I added the heart cut-out in the back and finished it off with a vintage pink button. Hopefully this dress will find its way to a little girl who likes to twirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment