Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Gingerbread House Ornaments: Embroidery + Felt



Here are a few ornaments I made recently. I love embroidering on felt and it was great fun to work on all the little details of each house. The pattern is by Gingermelon , and I tweaked it a bit to size them up. The original pattern is adorable, but TINY. Like possibly too tedious even for me. Cute, but tedious.

 I used wool blend felt which is easy to cut and comes in all sorts of colors. That makes ordering felt a dilemma of 'should I choose the concord grape or wisteria or lilac or ????' All of the above should be considered a suitable answer.

 I had fun adding candy details to this one, and a little glass beaded door knob. On each of the ornaments, I added glitter to the snowy roof. I love how it looks, but unfortunately it doesn't show up in the pictures very well.

 And what could be more festive than a wreath and candy canes? This one has tiny red seed beads decorating the wreath. I had fun making these and am happy to report that I have already sold 2 out of 3, so I suppose there will be more in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment