Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Another Amy Butler Cabo Halter Top

I've now made 4 of these halter tops and I will probably make A LOT more during the winter to get ready for next year. I unfortunately do not have a serger :( so I decided to take an alternate route to finishing the seams. I used French seams to make the inside of the top nice and neat and I think I will pretty much be universally applying this technique for every garment I make until I procure an actual serger. It's time consuming but I like how the finished piece looks so much cleaner. I used a nice cotton print from Michael Miller's Honey Bee Honey Vine collection and I really like how it turned out. My only issue is that I ran out of thread half way through hemming the bottom! I wish I lived next to a fabric store....

1 comment: