Monday, November 1, 2010

Shhh...Christmas Present Posting!



Here is a play barn I made for my son for Christmas. You'll never guess where I found the pattern...One Yard Wonders. Shocking, I know! I have to say that this is by far the most tedious of all the projects I've made from the book, although now that I am working on the second one I feel that I am getting some of the kinks worked out. The instructions in the book are not the clearest, and I have made a few modifications in the construction of it. The front panel attaches with some vintage buttons from Grandma and Aunt Phylis. Yay for old buttons!! There are handles at the roof line for carrying. I used the blanket stitch to connect all the pieces. Bonus points for working rick rack into yet another project!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment