Sunday, January 23, 2011

Polka Dot Dress




Here is a dress I finished this week for my daughter. (The turtleneck is not part of the dress, but it was only 19 degrees this morning) The main fabric is baby-wale corduroy and the neck ruffle and sleeve trim are made from my sister-in-law's dress refashion. (*See below*) I cheated on the sash, and used a wide black satin ribbon. I must say that while I love the dress, I am not a fan of the cape. It's cute, but it doesn't drape well and I think she looks sort of like a nun. Also, I have come to the conclusion that anyone who is able to take nice photos of their children wearing beautiful handmade things is either using tranquilizers or lots of candy to keep their kids still. :)

**Since I keep talking about it, here is a photo of the dress, after we hemmed it. The section we cut off has since provided me with enough fabric for three projects!

1 comment:

  1. That dress is ridiculously adorable. The ruffles are perfect and I love, love, love the black and white polka dots. Is there an adult version of this dress?

    ReplyDelete