Monday, September 2, 2013

Closet Flashback: The Weekender Bag

The Weekender is how my mom taught me to sew and I have some very fond memories attached to this bag. She made one too and walked me through every step of the process. I had only dabbled with sewing before attempting this pattern and afterwards felt pretty much ready to tackle anything. It's a really fun project to make BUT it's a beast.     
I was heading out of town this weekend and dug through my closet to find this trusty bag! It hasn't seen the light of day for a while so it was time to put it to good use. It's the perfect size for a quick getaway and holds up really well over time (at least mine has).  
I have aspirations to make this pattern again someday in really girly fabric...maybe something in pink? 

Here is the original posting for both bags...

No comments:

Post a Comment