Monday, October 7, 2013

Closet Flashbacks: Kindergarten Backpack


Twas over 2 years ago when I sent my oldest off to Kindergarten. *sniff, sniff* He had requested that I make him a backpack, and so I did. It ended up being the demise of my old sewing machine, but I finished it. The pattern is self-drafted, which is really just a fancy way of saying I busted out my meager math skills, drew it on some newsprint and hoped for the best. I have to say, it has held up to everything we've thrown at it, and that's a lot! My oldest used it for 2 years til he outgrew it, and it has been on many other little trips as well. Now it has been passed on to the little guy, who started preschool last week. He proudly stuffed his folder, his stuffed giraffe, a snack and a box of crayons in there and he was ready to go! This is one of those projects that was definately worth the work!

2 comments: