Friday, December 27, 2013

Foodie Friday: Megan's Bean Salsa


I got this recipe from my sister (I'm classy and writing about the recipe I stole from her..lol) and have made it at least a million times over the last decade (ok so don't call the hyperbole police on me…it may not be quite a million times!). I make salsa my business because a) it's delicious b) it's nutritious but mostly c) it's because I could drink it straight outta the bowl and jarred salsa just isn't the same. When I get migas they have to bring me my own pitcher (yup a mini pitcher) in order to have enough fresh salsa to wash down my breakfast. It's just the way I roll I guess but with that in mind, I've carefully cultivated my salsa making skills with a few different recipes starting with this one. 

This is easy to make and a serious BBQ necessity. Heck, it's so good I even make it year round!

So anyway, here's the recipe in all it's glory:

1 can black beans (drained)
1 can cannellini beans (drained)
3 T chopped jalapeƱos (check the heat level…you may need more or less depending on how toasty you want the salsa to end up)
4-6 minced garlic cloves
3 T olive oil
1 TBS chili powder
1 TBS onion powder
2 tsp cumin
Cayenne pepper to taste
1 c frozen corn (I use the organic, sweet, white variety)
1 c diced onion (I like to use red onions but use whatever you prefer)
1 can diced tomatoes (or 2-3 large fresh diced tomatoes - I'm lazy so I always use a high quality canned variety)
3 TBS lime juice

Mix all ingredients and let rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment