Monday, December 9, 2013

Closet Flashback: Pink Easy Vogue 8469

If I remember correctly, this was the second dress I ever made. It's made out of a cotton shirting fabric with pink, purple and white stripes. I've worn it a lot over the last few years and it fits me perfectly. There are simple gathered details along the waist and bust line which give it shape. 


 The shoes are a light pink pump from Aldo and go perfectly with the dress.


Check out the side lapped zipper. That was probably one of the last ones I ever installed before becoming an invisible zipper convert.


I like looking inside old garments that I've made to see how far my skills have come as a seamstress. This one has some unfinished seams and some that are finished with a zigzag. 


 I've made this dress 3 times because it fits me so perfectly straight off the pattern.  I posted about a different version here and you'll be seeing my favorite version in a few weeks!   

No comments:

Post a Comment