Sunday, February 23, 2014

Colette Patterns: My Second Hazel Dress

I have quite a stash of Colette Patterns and I'm happy to say that I now have two successful, completed projects under my belt. For this particular version I used a busy but really beautiful Amy Butler print (If I remember correctly it's from the Lark line?) It's a blue print that's on egg shell with hints of red, orange, turquoise and yellow. I love it. I do. I really do. It's from the Hazel pattern again which sews up quickly and is actually really fun to sew. The first time I wore this dress my sweet husband actually though it was from Anthropologie which is a huge compliment considering that it is my favorite non-workout clothes store!


The entire dress features serged seams.


I used an invisible zipper of course:) 


The dress is NOT lined...which for me is a big deal. 


However, no lining = nice and light for Texas!


I took extra time to work on lining up the fabric pattern for this dress.


This pattern turns into a comfortable, versatile, warm weather friendly dress. It's a wonderful and easy pattern for everyone. If you haven't bought it yet, do so. It's flattering and fun!!!! Just do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment