Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Homemade Reed Diffuser

I've been reeeeaaalllyyy burnt out on sewing lately. It happens sometimes and when it does I cover my machine and play nicely with other crafts. I've always wanted a reed diffuser but can't stand the nasty, synthetic perfumes that go with store bought ones. I loosely followed THIS tutorial to make my own. 

Basically, you just need to use a 3:1 ratio of filtered water to rubbing alcohol. Then mix in 20+ drops of your essential oil of choice. Throw in bamboo skewers (I used ones I had laying around for grilling) and you're done. Some people get fancy and add citrus peels, cinnamon sticks, etc. but I just stuck with a 30+ drop mix of orange and lavender essential oil. I also just used an empty kombucha bottle and wrapped it with oil cloth because I was too lazy to fight with the sticky glue that refused to peel off with the label. 

Now the room smells delicious without any funky, fake chemicals masquerading as air freshener. Another win for simple DIY.  


No comments:

Post a Comment