Monday, September 13, 2010

Art Box Redo

I had an art box that I used in college. While there was nothing wrong with it, I just haven't had the opportunity to use it in a long time. You know...three kids and all. :) My son is very much into farming and all that goes along with that, so for his birthday we got him a whole passel of farm-related figurines. I decided this would be the perfect time to give my old art box a new lease on life. I planned to spray paint it and add a few rub-ons (which I just discovered are pretty much awesome!). The problem was that I was painting it the night before his birthday and I ran out of spray paint. The bottom was still unpainted and not in nice enough shape to leave bare. So, what does a sleep-deprived mother do who is short on spray paint? Whip out the acrylic paints and modge podge of course! I painted a sky (boy, am I rusty) and used modge podge to slap down a paper prairie. I figured he could flip the box over and use this as a backdrop for his play. Well, fortunately the box was a big success. Basically, he has been playing with it ever since! I guess its true, necessity really is the mother of invention.

No comments:

Post a Comment