Monday, November 25, 2013

Closet Flashback: My Childhood Apron


This week's flashback is another blast from the past. Back when we were wee little things (I think even before Rachel was born) Mom made my brother and I matching denim aprons. Each pocket has a red and white polkadot applique on it. Isn't it cute? Flash forward 30 years or so and I would say that Mom's handiwork has stood the test of time. Now my youngest wears my apron when he helps me cook. I have no explanation for this kid, except he's a little crazy. Whenever my kids give me a look like this, I can't help but remember the line from Shrek when they were trying to sell Pinocchio: "Five shillings for the possessed toy!"  :)

P.S. Belinda, this may explain our obsession with aprons?! We started early!

1 comment:

  1. I only have two aprons and one of them is over thirty years old and the other is not far behind, but your little apron is really cute.

    ReplyDelete