Sunday, March 2, 2014

Mirror Makeover

Before Christmas, I found this mirror at the thrift store for $10.99. It is very well made, from Bombay Company and made in 1987 according to the tag.


The mirror is beveled and easily removable which made this project a breeze. I was a good girl this time and sprayed on a thin layer of Zinzer primer first. That stuff is the best. I painted my kitchen backslash once using Zinzer and latex paint over it. Worked like a charm! After priming the mirror, I painted it emerald green.


After the paint dried, I used the same technique I used with this frame. I painted black in all the crevices of the frame (very willy-nilly...this is not a situation that calls for precision). While the paint was wet, I took a damp washcloth and wiped most of it off, allowing the black paint to highlight the details.

And there you have it! I plan to hang this funky thang in my living room one of these months. I have been itching to reconfigure my wall o' art & photos for the 19th time. Here is what the wall looked like about 3 iterations ago.

1 comment:

  1. That's so you...I really like it and think it needs some oil cloth to match it!

    ReplyDelete