Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mom's Bday - Another Inside Out Bag

I found this beautiful cotton duck batik on fabric.com a while back and knew it had to become a bag for my mother. I think they wove this print just for her (they just didn't know it). It is now the 4th time I've made this bag and in all likelihood, I'll probably make it many more times. It's the Inside Out Bag from over at The Purl Bee (see tutorial here). It's usually quick to sew, doesn't require a lot of yardage and really works with fun and funky prints.


There are greens, blues, purples and pinks that all blend together in this print.


The body of the bag is made from a nice, heavy weight canvas and the straps are a heavier weight cotton webbing. I couldn't find any pre made bias tape that matched so I made my own out of a beautiful, deep, dark green cotton.


1 comment:

  1. I love mine! And so does everyone who sees it. If they try to steal it I will go all old-lady on them and whack them with my purse...lol

    ReplyDelete