Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Willow Wayfarers: Version #I Lost Count

If you sew for kids, especially those of the bean pole variety, you really should know about this pattern: Willow Wayfarers Slimsters for Hipsters. I have used this pattern so many times I have lost count. I bought it when my oldest was about 2 and I couldn't keep his pants from falling down. These pants have a slim fit, are fast to put together...and wonder of all wonders, you can bang out a pair of pants using your cast offs! Just cut an old pair of pants up the inner leg seam and lay both legs flat. If you're really tricky (and depending on the size of the pants) you can use the existing hem for the new pair. One less step! I also like the elastic method for these pants. It is sewn in so it won't roll.

Alright, enough yammering on about the pattern. This version I made from my old corduroy pants and added some cute knee patches for good measure. I had to trick the kid into letting me take pictures of him as he is suddenly very anti-picture. He thought he was showing off the dinosaur he painted for Grammy while I was trying to get a decent shot of the pants. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment