Monday, April 28, 2014

Closet Flashback: An 11 Year Old's Artwork


Yesterday my son had to spend an extended time out in my room, and he spent his excessive 8-year-old-energy in diving under my bed looking for lost socks and toys he hadn't seen in months. A side affect of this exploration was that he found my childhood art portfolio and my college portfolio. Sheesh! It was quite a trip back and my inner artist cringed at some of my 'best pieces' from back in the day. This one made me laugh, because oh, did I think it was the bomb! And it won a blue ribbon! Never mind the stripe of whiteout where I had to make a wayward arm disappear. I shaded every single grape in the bunch. I have no explanation for why I spent an entire year drawing anthropomorphized fruit.


1 comment:

  1. I think your animated fruit drawings are proof that you absorbed a lot of California raisins commercials!

    ReplyDelete