Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Top Burda 7051

I made myself a top! The weather is finally warming up, people! That means I need something other than the long sleeved shirts and cozy sweaters that got me through the winter of the Polar Vortex. This top took about two evenings of watching Farm & Food documentaries on Netflix while sewing like mad. I used Burda 7051 which is a nice, basic shell pattern. I made a muslin from it, and the top is very fitted, which was not what I was going this time around. I sized up, and it was perfect. To make the lace inset at the top, I cut the pattern along the 'lengthen' line, and added seam allowances. I also lengthened the top by an inch and switched the zipper from the back to the side. I would definitely like to try this pattern again with other fabrics. I think it would be really nice in a drapey fabric too.


  1. Love it! You and your sis pick the most amazing prints! I would be so terrified of purchasing any sort of bold patterned fabric

  2. Thanks, Jill! It took me a while to get to this place, and now our motto is the funkier the better. :)