Friday, December 6, 2013

Foodie Friday: Lime Chicken Tacos

I came across the base recipe for this many, many years ago and tweaked it to my specifications. It's a minimal effort, maximum flavor situation and has endless possibilities.


*These are topped with queso and extra cilantro

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 lbs shredded chicken (I use all natural/organic breasts or a whole chicken) 
  • 3 T lime juice
  • 1 T chili powder
  • 1 C frozen corn (I use organic because all the GMO stuff freaks me out)
  • 1 C chunky salsa or more (I like to use mesquite or chipotle salsa but use whatever you prefer)
  • 1/4 C chopped cilantro (I use A LOT more because I loooooovvvvvvveeeeee it!)
  • Tortillas (I usually use whole wheat) 

To Prepare:

Put chicken in crock pot and cook until done. Remove and let cool slightly. Drain any fat from the crock pot, shred chicken and return to crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and cook covered in crock pot until warmed through. If the mixture seems too dry add more salsa.

Serving suggestions: 

Top with more cilantro, shredded cheese, queso, sour cream, Greek yogurt, refried beans, black beans, chopped jalapeƱos or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment