Monday, December 16, 2013

Closet Flashback: Easy Vogue 8469 - Version 3

This is by far my favorite version of this dress (you can see the pink one here and the black polka dot one here). It's actually made out of a curtain panel that I got from Target on a crazy discount. It's a lightweight cotton and is fully lined. 

I redrafted the back of the dress to make a deep V and I love how that detail worked out.


I also lowered the neckline a little.


I like that this dress has a fitted, high waist.


Cowboy boots go with everything.


The fabric was very, very thin. It's lined with a lightweight muslin.


My obsession with the invisible zipper can be seen here! 


I had forgotten that I had done all princess seams for this dress. It made me very thankful for my serger.

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress!!! And the cowboy boots. Incidentally, I took it upon myself to 'help' Jeff buy my gift this year and the boots are under the tree. You will have to give me styling tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Now to style cowboy boots just ask yourself one question….Is it a day ending in "Y"? If yes, apply boots liberally.

    ReplyDelete