Friday, June 13, 2014

Branching Out: Texas eReader Sleeve


Recently I was pondering different ideas for my journal covers, and decided to branch out into Kindle/eReader sleeves. At the same time, Rachel is breathing down my neck about all manner of Texas flair. (OK, not really breathing down my neck...she's just very passionate about her newfound state!) Despite never having been there, I decided to add a little Texas flair to this project.


 For this, and all my journal designs, I begin by sketching the design in my sketchbook. When I get it how I want it, I trace off each of the sections and cut them out for templates. Very scientific.


I have realized I work very spontaneously in that I don't plan ahead. I don't pick all the colors, or decide on the beads beforehand. I just go with it and make it up as I go along. For this project, I wasn't planning on the beads but it just seemed to be what needed to happen.


That, and I seem to have the knack for adding tedious details to everything I do. My latest project involves a few dozen french knots. That should tell you something right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment