Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Etsy Prototype: Granny Chic? Eco Friendly? Scrappy Tote Bag


 I made this bag to put on Etsy, but the lining annoys me so I am calling it a 'prototype'. I was inspired by this tutorial from Sew Mama Sew because it combines rick rack and vintage lace, both which I happen to have in quantity.


Here's a secret, and another thing that annoys me about the bag: I botched a little section of the rick rack, so I slapped another doily on there! Sneaky.


The base of the bag is made from recycled jeans and Amy Butler scraps. I sewed some pretty old lace on the handles.


This is the back of the bag and I used a scrap of old lace to add some interest. There is also some funky yellow crocheted lace here and there.


The bag is lined with a pretty floral sheet from (I'm guessing) the 70's. The bag came out cute and very sturdy, but the lining doesn't sit right and I just can't abide putting it up on Etsy so I will have to figure out what to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment