Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pinterest Inspired Broach To Necklace DIY


I know I've harped on this before, but Pinterest...it is a pit full of possibilities and pipe dreams. Last week, I saw this necklace and had a 'eureka!' moment. I have a Delft broach that my aunt gave me, and while I liked it, I don't wear broaches and so it sat in my jewelry box. Before committing a crime of sacrilege against this antique piece, I turned to ebay to see if it was worth anything before I cut the pin off the back. Broaches like this were selling from $10 to $15 so I decided to turn it into something wearable.  The bird is a little bigger than I would have liked, and I had to surgically remove a letter from its mouth, but I am happy with the results. The dark beads are really cobalt blue, but they are a little camera shy apparently.


No comments:

Post a Comment