Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This and That


I have about a million projects going on right now, and I am trying to finish some of them. Such a novel idea. One of the bigger projects I have going on is my stairs. They were covered with some hideous orange/gold shag carpet that was so old it shredded when I tore it off. The crumbly mess you see is the remains of the carpet padding. I have big pinterest-inspired plans for the stairs, and I imagine this one will take me a while.


Another project I have been working on for a long time is this mosaic window. A while back I something similar on Pinterest (evil Pinterest!) and I knew I had to make it. I have never done mosaic before so I am basically winging it and have probably violated every rule there is. I just started grouting and I have to say...it's a royal pain. I need to get over it and finish this baby so I can hang it up!


And one more (finished!) project: a journal for the Etsy shop! This one is a barn swallow and I really had fun beading the edge. It is tedious and fairly time consuming but as we all know, I enjoy a project like that now and then!

I have been working on a few more design ideas for journals. What ideas could you see stitched onto a journal?

1 comment:

  1. Where are you going to hang the mosaic window? Your house is going to be like a gallery by the time you're done!

    ReplyDelete