Monday, May 17, 2010

Freezer Paper Shirts


Here are a few shirts I made for my (pesky) brother-in-law. I really like the whole freezer paper stencil technique, and am finding out what works and what doesn't. While using text seems like a nice idea, I found that cutting each letter out is very tedious, and it is difficult to get a nice crisp edge. The shirt that has the city skyline on it (Austin, TX if you must know) was actually supposed to turn out differently. I did one of his favorite lines 'Good and good for you.' But the text didn't turn out as crisp as I wanted it to and it bothered me. I decided to do the Austin skyline over it and salvage the shirt, but the text was visible even after stenciling over it. I added a few more layers, but it is still faint. So now I am bothered by that, but what's done is done. The top shirt is something from the Office (I think?) meant to be Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica. I don't think I'll ever have another opportunity to stencil a beet on a shirt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment