Friday, May 14, 2010
Here is a shirt I made using a shirt of Grandpa's. James now has a little piece of his Great Grandpa to wear. I cut apart the shirt at the seams and positioned the pattern pieces in such a way as to make myself a lot less work. I was able to use the existing plackets and button holes, the bottom and sleeve hems. It really made the shirt simple to make, because all I had to do was the shoulder and side seams, and the collar. I need to work out a nicer way to finish the placket edge since I didn't use the facing, but there's always a next time. Even with it being my first shirt like this, it took less than an hour, and if you have a mens shirt already, its a free project! I suppose you could do this just as easily with a womens shirt and a girl's shirt pattern.